Friday, October 3, 2008

A Full Cup

I think the longer I wait to make a post, the more I feel I need to cover and the more I feel like making a post is a chore and less of a leisurely activity.   

This past weekend was one of the greater weekends of my life. Michael blessed our first born, and there really isn't an experience like that.  It was so neat to see him able to use his priesthood to give Landen a name and blessing.  I would say it made me cry, but it didn't, I couldn't seem to stop smiling.  It was also very moving to see the family and friends that gathered to support us.  Michael's immediate family and his aunt and her family all flew in from Columbus, Indiana.  My family and Michael's uncle came down from Rexburg, my uncle from Salt Lake and Nicole and Jacob from Provo, and Grandma and Floyd and some of our friends from Cache Valley.  So, we had a good crowd, but it's not important how many, we know that many that couldn't come, still sent their love.

Grandma and I went shopping for a blessing outfit for Landen last week.  It was fun to get out of the house and shop with her.  She is a wonderful blessing to have close.  She always thinks of things I forget, like tablecloths for the luncheon and is always willing to help and hold Landen.  I actually didn't get a picture of him in his cute outfit, but I know both Grandma's got plenty, so I'll have to post one later.  I didn't get my camera out on Sunday, I guess I was just to busy enjoying all the family.

We had a great time with all the Busselbergs.  They had a wonderful time meeting their first grandson/nephew.  He enjoyed all the new clothes, the cozy towel Rachel made, and the blanket Kristin made.  He also really seems to like the books they gave him, I know he doesn't understand what they are yet, but he likes to sit on my lap and have me read them to him.  He just stares at the book.  I think he also enjoyed spending time with them, going for a walk at the zoo, to the park and the loud pop at the shooting range in our backyard. 

There was the first (and I'm sure not the last) 3-generation Packer's Fan Picture taken to.  This was a major highlight of the trip for these 3.

After everyone left, Landen and I took a day of rest and did nothing but that on Monday.  He was in good spirits and I think just glad not to be around a crowd.  He loves smiling at new people, but I think the loud noise of a group of people and the constant being passed around wore him out.   Each day Landen gets a little smilier and more expressive.  Tuesday, the poor little guy started to come down with something.  Tuesday and Wednesday all he did was cry, eat and sleep. It about drove me insane, but nothing was very wrong.  His temperature was about 99 degrees, so a little high, but not high enough to go to the doctor.  And everything else was fine, no running noses, diaherra or anything. He returned to normal on Thursday and was back to his happy self. 

The house is still progressing, but not enought o post some finished pictures, I think there is at least one major project left in every room.  We did get our stove installed!!!!  I can't use the oven though, because the kit didn't have an orfice for it, but I can use the stove top!!  Our hinges and knobs are suppose to be here today for the cabinet doors.  That will help a whole lot!    

1 comment:

Emily said...

Angela,

That looks like so much fun! How nice that so many people came to support you on such an amazing day for your family!

EMILY