Monday, October 13, 2008

2 Months


We woke up to this beautiful view this morning.   We've been enjoying some good fall weather, but it turned on us this weekend and went cold.  Saturday we got some of that falling slush and Sunday it was a little colder, but more of the falling slush, with some sticking.  Michael said he loved Sunday.  He got to watch the snow fall and enjoy the beauty of it and be inside toasty warm. 

Landen just stared at the snow.  I don't know that his first experience looking at it was any different than looking at anything else.  Landen spent most of last week sick with a tummy bug, thus the lack of any good posts. Monday I had to take him to the doctor, and Tuesday he went back for a weight check and then again on Thursday. It was probably as draining on mom as it was on him.  But I do think he is feeling quite a bit better.  On Thursday, he weighed exactly 10 lbs.  That's twice his size from when he was born.  He has grown alot and is developing into quite the cute little boy.  He likes to smile, especially when you make kissy noises or play with his feet.  He also loves his swing and diaper changes.  He turned 2 Months old today! 

My mom came to visit this weekend.  She helped me do some final unpacking, but my kitchen back together, motivated Michael to put the cupboard doors on and helped give me some relief from a grouchy baby.  It was very nice to have her and we got a lot done.  I don't know how things get done without other people around sometimes.  The house is starting to feel like home. (finally)   

Last week, our anniversary celebration got derailed because Landen getting the flu.  So, we're planning on going out tomorrow!  I even got a sitter!  Well, a girl from work said she would watch him for us while we went out.  Hopefully, he will be really good for her tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

I can't believe it snowed up there! It is supposed to be in 80;s here tomorrow. It is easy to say that I miss the snow when I am toasty warm...not sure how I would feel if this was my morning view. I am definitely more of a warm weather gal. I LOVE this picture of Landen. He is so sweet. i hope he feels better soon.

Nicole said...

I'm so jealous it snowed! It sort of snowed here for maybe an hour, but of course didn't stick to anything. Your little boy is soooo cute!