Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary! All About Michael

Today is the day Michael and I commemorate our 2nd Anniversary.    

The traditional second anniversay gift is cotton.  Cotton's properties symbolize the second anniversary....

  • Cotton is natural - which symbolized the developement of the coup becoming their natural selves with each other.  
  • Cotton is comfortable to wear - which means you no longer need to put on airs and graces, being comfortable and relaxed with each other knowing that you are accepted for who you are.
  • Cotton is a hardy fiber - This hardiness can represent that the union has proved itself strong through all the changes that married life brings.
  • Cotton Clings -This quality metaphorically symbolizes how husband and wife cling to each other.
  • Cotton is Resilient - No matter how dirty or smudged it gets, it can easily be cleaned and restored to it’s original pristine condition.

I also just want to tell everyone how much I love and adore my husband.  

  • I love that he gets all dirty at work and comes home fithly, because it means he works hard to provide for his family.
  • I love it when he studies because I know he wants a good life and education is still important to him.  
  • I love it when he works around the house and gets that look in his eyes with his eyebrows forward and his lips slightly pursed, because it means he's thinking things through to fix them right.  
  • I love it when he tells me how good I look when I didn't get ready.  
  • I love it when he eats my cooking and talks about it for days, and how he's not a bit picky about what I eat.  
  • I love that he's not self-indulgent and is more concerned about his wife and son.  
  • I LOVE watching him play with his son and cuddling with him.  I love it when Landen smiles at him.  I love it when he wants to go to Michael.
  • I love the way he hums-sings when he's in a good mood and then plays the guitar. (I wish he'd play the violin for me)  
  • I love that he buys choclate-covered cinnamon bears-- spontaneously and when I've had a bad day.  
  • I love that he fights the mouse in our house.  
  • I love that he kills the spiders that I've trapped under a cup.  
  • I love that it will take him a few days to read this.  
  • I love that he falls asleep praying because it means he prays. I love watching him use his priesthood.  I love going to the temple with him.
  • I love all his crazy business ideas.  I love helping him make them work.  
  • I love watching him play with Spur, because Spur is so excited to be played with and to please him.  
  • I love it when he shaves.  
  • I love it when he hasn't shaved all week too.
  • I love that he's not afraid to do stuff the hard way.  
  • I love it when he tries to fix our vehicles.  
  • I love that he stays calm at the sight of blood.  

Oh, I could keep going, but those are the highlights. It's nice to celebrate the time we've spent together, because it's been great.  Happy 2 Years Honey!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

cute! You guys are adorable.. Sorry I forgot to call on Monday to say happy anniversary :) well thanks for making me my page, it looks much better, I'm not embarrassed by it anymore, haha!