Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Little Pumpkin

We dressed Landen up for Halloween in this litte pumpkin sleeper I found. He's pretty cute, uh? Summer and I took Landen and Gunner trick-or-treating the grocery store and the mall in their strollers. Most people thought they were cute, but didn't give us candy... one fireman summed it up pretty well..."I know the candy is for you, so just pick the one you want." But we had lots of fun looking at the all the other kids and showing the boys off. But, for whatever reason, we forgot to take a picture of them together. They were the cutest.

For Halloween, we only got two trick-or-treaters! I guess we may have gotten more, but I didn't get home until almost 6, so maybe a few more from the ward came earlier. Our ward did not hold a trunk-or-treat, so some girls from the ward stopped by.
We did carve pumpkins last Sunday. And I did not mention, but should, that I made pumpkin seeds. And they were honestly the BEST pumkin seeds I've EVER had. I found the recipe online, they are toasted with a sugary spiced coating. You know those almonds that are coated with cinnamon you can get at the fair, sorta of like that. I didn't have any pumpkin pie spice, but I just subsituted about half cinnamon and the reast cloves, nutmeg and just a smidge of ginger. Check out the recipe: Toasted Pumkpin Seeds with Sugar and Spice and make some of your own. We're going to buy more pumkins to make more. They will be great and make a great Fall Festive snack, not just for Halloween.
Tuesday, we went to the Annual North Logan Pumpkin Walk. It was great, as always and gets better each year. This year's theme was "heros for every season" it was great, there was a great rendition of a scene from the Andy Griffith Show, a farm scene and some amazing carvings of legends (Michael Jordan, Neil Armstrong, etc) We went with our friends, Troy and Summer and their little boy Gunner. We bundled the boys up and went early so it wasn't too cold for them. They had a bunch of those wooden cartoons with holes to put your head in. Our favorite was Yoda - because he was small like Landen.

3 comments:

Stephanie Curtis said...

I love that picture. He is so cute in his costume. I am glad you got at least one candy "for him". Anyway I will talk to you later.

Chelsi said...

Landen is adorable in his costume. Your comments about the candy made me laugh out loud, that really doesn't work? Shoot - I thought when I had kids I would for sure be back in the Halloween candy trick-or-treating business, but not for a few years after they're born it sounds like...oh well, so much for that plan. I suppose as a working adult I could actually buy my own candy...but it is just so much more fun to beg for it.

Emily said...

Adorable onesie! It's fun even if he isn't old enough to remember it, or to eat the candy!

I may have to try those seeds, it sounds delicious!

EMILY