
Nicole and Jacob had their little girl on Monday. Samantha Mae Winegardner was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long. (That's the same length as Landen but 1 lbs and 6 oz more) You can see more pictures of Sammy on Nicole's blog here: jnwinegardner.blogspot.com
Michael and I are very happy to be an aunt and uncle! It's exciting to have our first niece and we're excited to have another one soon! Landen will be glad to have a cousin his age, once he gets old enough to have a friend.
Saturday, and just in the nic of time, my mom and I threw Nicole a baby shower! We had a great time! One of the highlights of the shower was The Diaper Game. We had 6 diapers that we melted candy bars in and then passed around and everyone had to guess which candy bar was in each diaper. Please note: DO NOT microwave the candy bar in the diaper. It will catch on fire. I recommend melting them on a plate, wiping it up with the diaper, then sharing it. The pictures from this game are priceless.
Saturday, and just in the nic of time, my mom and I threw Nicole a baby shower! We had a great time! One of the highlights of the shower was The Diaper Game. We had 6 diapers that we melted candy bars in and then passed around and everyone had to guess which candy bar was in each diaper. Please note: DO NOT microwave the candy bar in the diaper. It will catch on fire. I recommend melting them on a plate, wiping it up with the diaper, then sharing it. The pictures from this game are priceless.
The other fun thing to do at baby showers is open presents. Nicole gots lots of cute girl clothes, and that's pretty much what she got, and some blankets. Grandma got her a "bundle me" which is a sleeping bag for the car seat. They are great for winter and are much less of a hassle than a winter outfit. The one I have and Nicole got are made by JJ Cole ... check them out at http://www.jjcoleusa.com/ Seriously worth it.
We made these incredibly cute cupcakes, that I actually didn't get a picture of... they were monkey cupcakes that we copied off the internet. We all had a great time.


2 comments:
I can't beleive your baby sister has a baby! And look at all that hair. It will be so fun to watch her and Landen together, there is nothing like cousins your own age.
okay sis, that diaper game was funny, and those pictures are even funnier! Love it! Thanks for helping throw me the shower, it was so fun!
Post a Comment