Remember how we got chickens for Easter? Somehow 6 multiplied into 25. I think Michael's slogan should just be, "If you're gonna do it, go all out." Seriously.
And you know those funny feathers people are wearing in their hair? Totally rooster bum-feathers. From the chicken breed we raise. (
Barb Plymouth Rocks) Hilarious to me. Not wearing bum-feathers anytime soon. I see their poop. And yes, that's what the fly-tieing guys use, go buy them at the fly shop or I'll get them for you for free.
Anyway, Michael is building them a coop. Want to see? Oh Goodie!
It's actually a really cool concept if you have a pasture. It will have a rope attached to the bottom that allows you to pull it, so you can move it around. This makes them 'free range' chickens. He'll build some nesting boxes along the back and put a tarp over part of it to give them some protection. Pretty cool idea, eh? Yeah, My husband is pretty smart.
3 comments:
That is awesome! And I can't believe they multiplied so much! We've talked about getting chickens, but you guys are way smarter about that kind of thing than we are!
Yup, that was me. Sorry!
They didn't actually multiply by themselves, Michael bought more for a guy that raises and couldn't sell those, so we got them cheap. Haha. They won't lay eggs until they're about 5-6 month old. Just email me if you want more info about chicks.
Post a Comment