Friday, May 8, 2009

Settling a Strike


We settled the Strike.
We negotiated the other day. It went something like this.
Mom: "Okay Landen, you can either nurse or you will have to drink formula."
Landen: "Yuck"
Mom: "I don't have time to pump all the time." (it takes 20 minutes 5 times a day, plus I have to take 20 minutes to then feed him)
Landen: "Okay. Can I please have half and half?"
Mom: "I guess for a little while."
And there you have it. Literally, the next bottle I mixed half formula and half breastmilk and he drank it without a fuss.
With all that has been going on, I just haven't been able to fight the Strike the way you are suppose to if you want to keep nursing. And I don't know that I would have wanted to win. So, we just went with it. Landen has been SO HAPPY, since we stopped breastfeeding. Which does make me sad, because I wanted nursing to make him happy, and instead somehow it was making him miserable. BUT I am happy that he has been such a joy lately.
I think his last growth spurt was not matched by my milk production and he finally just stopped because he wasn't getting enough milk. And that would answer why he has been extra grumpy the few weeks prior and why is so happy now. I just hope it conitnues.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

YAY!! You have a happy baby!!! :) That makes me seriously very happy! We should go to the zoo.

Nicole said...

oh and just so you know that cute little squished face he does... he totally got that from you, you do it tooo!