Landen hit a major milestones this week: He started to crawl!! This isn't a great video of it, I think because the camera was distracting him, so I'll keep my eye out for a better opportunity.
He has learned how to go from laying down, to all fours, to sitting and vise versa.
He also went from pulling himself up only on mom, to using just about everything. In fact, just yesterday morning, I went to get Landen and this is what I walked into:
Landen pulled himself up in his crib and was walking from one end to the other while calling out for me. We find him like this often, I guess we need to lower the mattress one more notch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They were DEAD WRONG.
Life got easier. (and I probably just jinxed myself)
See, now I can set him down and he just walks back and forth along the couch, and when he throws his toy, he just sits down and crawls over and gets it, pulls himself up on the ottoman and then keeps cruising around.
What's the beauty in that? I was doing the dishes. Or typing this post, or well, the possibilities are endless. The demand for mom to be there to get his toy, or help him move is gone. Evaporated. Well, not completely, but you get the picture. I only have to watch him, not sit on the floor and or get interrupted many times over. Not that I'm suddenly neglecting him. But jobs that take two hands are suddenly doable at times other than nap time.
And this is wonderful.
1 comment:
I think I'm like you - crawling will be a GREAT phase in my baby's life, but since the baby isn't here yet, I may be speaking pre-maturely! :)
Landen is still as cute as ever and I can't believe how much he's growing and changing! You guys look great - good luck with the job hunt!
Post a Comment