Michael played the violin!! I've been married to the man for 5 years, and he still manages to surprise me! Michael took violin lessons for over 10 years, and then he gave it up for guitar. Which we all love, but it seems shameful to have 2 violins in our closet that never get touched.
We've made some friends in our new ward. She is a violin teacher. Michael and Kera started talking because they both now violin well and Michael's family has a history of good violinists. It's really a shame, I've asked him to play it and he never does. Kera just thrusts a violin in his hands and makes him play. Ok, I never tried that tactic, but I did try a few times, but not enough to nag. It almost made me cry... because I knew there was many people that would be happy to see it. I knew there was family and friends smiling at him from heaven.
So, most of the ward saw it and keep telling him he has the next musical number, but he needs to get practicing if he wants too.


3 comments:
Keep up the violin. I force Sam to practice the piano and hope he never gives it up later.
Yay, that makes me smile! I wish he would keep it up! 10 years is a lot of time to just throw out the door!
We are trying to make an effort to play the piano and cello more at this house too. It's a shame to throw all those years away!
Post a Comment