Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I can cook too!

Landen loves to help mom cook. In fact, sometimes he decided he needs to cook and loves to "pretend" to cook. He isn't ready until he has mom's apron on. (maybe an apron his side would be a good project?)

First, he gets out the pans and bowls, then the spoons. Next they have to go on the stove and he needs some spices. And water. This particular day, there was an orange out that turned into his main ingredient.



In the mornings, he loves to make eggs. And he can almost cook them by himself. He cracks the eggs by pounding them on the counter and throwing them in the pan. (Mom removes the egg shell) Then he stirs them. With some help from mom, he adds the salt and pepper and stirs some more. Then when they start to change he says, "Done!!" and climbs down to go eat. (they usually need a few more minutes.. but you get it) He's really good about not touching the stove or pans.




It's so fun that he just wants to help mom every time she goes in the kitchen. Some days I wish he wouldn't, but most days it's just fun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That is so cute. I can't believe how well he does in the kitchen. I can't get my kids to help me. Cara informed Steve that she didn't need to learn to cook because I cook. And then yesterday she asked why I never learned to sew because Grandma is a great seamstress. I reminded her of the cooking comment. She seemed to think they were completely different things.

Luke, Sarah, Chance, Tyler and Elizabeth said...

That is so cute!!! Hope you are feeling good?