Friday, September 24, 2010
Capturing the Simple Moments
I keep thinking that life is a little boring. It seems when that happens I take fewer pictures and then don't blog as much. I guess it's the "big event" looming in the near future that just doesn't seem to compare to our everyday adventures. But, those moments are exactly the ones I want to remember. I think I will always remember our trip to Florida, but will I remember how Landen loves to get up and put his shoes and socks on. Find "his" hat and gloves and get the car keys to go walking in the morning? (or for that matter any time he wants to leave!) And then he goes and gets "mama shoes" so that he can drag her out to go- usually 20 minutes too early.
I want to remember the way he says "pur-poe" and "ap-poe juice" and "choc-it milk"? And the way he has to do everything Dad does-- from using his tools, cleaning the truck, wearing a hat and gloves. He has 4 trucks that are named- Mat's truck, Ty's truck, Dad's truck and Papa's truck- and he expects me to remember which one is which.
And that he counts to three like this "... two, free" or that he everytime we sit on the floor he pats me head and says "duck" and then Dad's and then he says, "goose! Go Go Go!" and runs around us in circle. And tries to sing the primary songs he learns in nursery?
He is just growing up so fast and learning so much lately. I feel like I'm falling behind trying to write all the little things down and remembering them. Here's to better journaling and blogging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment