This is what you get, when your nearly-two year old decided he has an opinion about dressing himself.
The socks on his hands-- which could have their own blog post, so here's the short story: grandpa showed him that it was funny to put his socks on his hands and now he has to have them on all the time. It's all okay, it doesn't hurt anything it's just odd and looks like a cast.
In two short years, he has stollen our whole world. He has been our biggest blessing and our biggest challenge. Our schedules seem to revolve around him. Our moods seem to revolve around each other. I constantly am trying harder to be a better mother-- contemplating, researching, praying and seeking guidance for things and ways I should be teaching him. I worry about everything from how much and what eats to how many words he knows to whether or not he socializes with kids his own age enough.
It's simply amazing. The whole 23 pounds of him could so profoundly affect me. I love his little quirks-- how he has to spread his cars out along the couch, and part of the couch will not due, it must be the entire couch. His obssession with cars, trucks, cows, pigs, and dad. How he can pick up the sound of a dodge truck coming down the road and ignore the rest of them. His little skippy run when he gets excited. His pauses for dancing when he hears music. How he won't drink water from a sippy but loves it from a water bottle. How he needs all 5 of his favorite blankets to go to sleep.
I love his recent affections. Sometimes, he just comes over and gives me a kiss or a hug. It makes my heart melt. I never regret that he's changed our lives. I'm grateful he's here and I get to hear his laughter and enjoy his triumphs and weep when he struggles. He's growing up so much lately. I can hardly believe he's nearly 2. I can hardly believe he was just a small little baby once too.
I'm so glad he's mine while he's here and that he'll be with us forever.
1 comment:
He is so cute! I love your tribute to him, because it makes me think harder about being a better mother to Brooklyn and loving every change she's brought about in our family! Landen is adorable and will be the best big brother!
Post a Comment