Sunday, July 25, 2010

Building a Bed

On our pre-vacation check list of things to do, was to graduate Landen from a crib to a big-boy bed. We figured it would be easier to take a sleeping bag than a playpen. Michael kept thinking it was going to be a diaster and I was putting it off because I was afraid I was going to lose the afternoon nap.

Landen impressed us both with his new freedom and after being growled at a few times for getting out of bed, he has decided it is best to stay in his bed when he is put down for a nap or for the night. We really only had one bad night on the second night and I think it was more from a nightmare than it was the new bed. Luckily, I haven't completely lost the nap, it's just a little more subjective.

Anyway, Michael decided he wanted to build Landen a bed instead of buy one, mostly because it would be cheaper. (It really wasn't cheaper..) While it isn't finished, he has been sleeping on his crib matress on the floor. Which works, because about half the time he rolls off. So, here Michael is cutting the 4x4 down.

And sanding down the tops and bottoms so it's flat. Now we're up to date on the project. Haha. We decided to finish it when we get back from vacation.

Landen can't help it. It's in his blood to be attracted to power tools and building things. So, he got the only piece of scrap wood and the tape measure, because that's as close to a power tool as mom would let him touch. He had so much fun watching and trying to help dad. Hopefully this will continue to make him excited about being a big boy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: