So, this is what Landen has been up to lately....
- Landen quickly came down with a cold Sunday that has been drowning him in snot and sneezes. He is quickly feeling better, but he thinks pretending to sneeze is super funny. He also started blowing his nose when you hand him a tissue, but he doesn't always get it into the tissue.
- His vocabulary has exploded in the last month... we went from 10 words (and contemplating starting speech for him) to like 50. He probably says sorry, car, more and please the most. My favorites are "peas" and "tan-tu." (please and thank-you) He still doesn't say mom. Today he called me 'dada.' He calls anything he drinks juice and down means get me down or pick me up-- for him it's bidirectional. He also says sorry every time he bumps into anything or falls down. I think he picked this up a week or two ago when I tripped over him and told him sorry for knocking him down. He also is starting to use a few two-word phrases.
- If he doesn't get what he wants just by asking, he adds please. Then he whines please. Then he cries. Then he cheers up and asks really nice. Sometimes I give in at that point. If I don't, he gives me the lip and lays prostrate on the floor.
- He gives me the lip a lot. It makes me laugh, it does not make me want to give in.
- He has started eating like crazy. Last week, I was glad if he ate just one or two bites at meal. Suddenly he's asking for seconds. I feel a much needed growth spurt coming on. We might actually start wearing 18-month clothes.
- He started playing with his ball. He thinks its funny to throw it at you and say "surprise!" Even if you can see it coming...
- He points out old people at church and calls them "papa" (his name for grandpa) We showed him pictures of the apostle and prophet, and they are all 'papas'.
- He likes to talk to you-- like we're having a conversation and he is telling a story. He laughs at his own punch line, but it's a social laugh until you laugh back.
- He knows quite a few animals sounds, if he doesn't know the animal sound he thinks it says, "moo" He's very sure that rhinos and alligators say moo, and I'm not sure how to tell him that they don't because they don't really have a "sound" they make. He make other mistakes too, like cows that are brown neigh, zebras moo, and roosters say "coo-coo-poo." It's so funny.
- He will do anything to make you laugh. And if you laugh at it once he will do it over and over again. I love his constant good moods and hope he stays funny. We all could use the extra laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment