My Aunt Myrna passed away last week. Only one day after she turned 70. Myrna is always a lively spunky person and we will miss her. It was a very nice funeral and I think Myrna would have been proud. The best part about funerals is the having the family together. Michael was able to get off work and it was good to have a baby because everyone smiles at Landen.
I wanted to share a few memories about my aunt.
- When I was younger, she told me should we send me a dollar every time I wrote her a letter. I wrote her alot of letters when I needed money and she ALWAYS sent me a dollar.
- She gave us the best Christmas presents.
- We went to her house for Easter a few times and she made us an Easter Egg hunt. It was one of the few time we had an Easter egg hunt. (My parents celebration of Easter was minimal) I thought this was very cool.
- She had this little duck that she always had full of peanut M&M's. When you squeezed the duck, the M&M's came out it's butt.
- She had the complete collection of smurfs.
- The neighbor had a rectangle trampoline that was super bouncy and when we were small she would bounce with us.
- Myrna always asked, "How are you today?" and always expected more of an answer than fine.
- Myrna always told me that, "Us small ones got to stick to together" and that "Good Stuff comes in small packages"
- Myrna gave bear hugs.
- She always made you eat and made sure you were hungry. I remember her making special camping pancakes when we stayed with them in Flaming Gorge.
- She loved Landen instantly and had to take pictures of her with him. She gave him cowboy boots.
Aunt Myrna was always serving others in her way. She would brag about all her kids and grandkids and she knew it. She was bossy and ran every event like an army. But it was in the sweetest way that made you lover her. I know she's in heaven and she'll be watching down making sure the family stays together. I can't wait to see her again in the resurrection.
No comments:
Post a Comment