Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Activities

We ate our turkey dinner at my grandma's on Thanksgiving. We had all the wonderful stuff every good American family has -- turkey, sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, jello salad, stuffing, cranberries, you get the idea, an all out feast. I made the pumpkin pies and they were delicious. Did you know that the average Thanksgiving plate is around 3,500 calories? I read that AFTER our feast, and felt sick.... We might have consumed that much.

Of course, Landen was the biggest hit. He was much more enjoyable to have this trip and didn;t mind getting held by other people, especially Uncle Mat and Grandpa. It gave me a pretty good break from being the one to hold and play with him. But I think it cam back to bite me on Saturday after everyone left, he got grumpy being stuck with only Mom all day.

We all caught up on socializing and Mat took a nap. Big Boy in the Little Couch, I call it.

After dinner, all the girls (My mom, Grandma, Nicole, her sister-in-law, and I) left the babies with Michael and Jacob and went to Twilight. It was a very good movie and I really liked it. It wasn't exactly how my imagination imagined it, but it was good. Grandma was the only one who had not read the books. We tried to give her a synposis of the book. Which I think she appreciated, because she said, "that was the weirdest chick flick I ever did see" I guess it would be if you hadn't read the book, because it did lack some character development.

This was also one of the second time Sammie and Landen meet. They hit it off a little better this time.
They looked so cute sitting there in the chair, that everyone took pictures of them. They must have been seeing spots afterwards from the flashes. But it was pretty irresistable.

Grandpa of course had to get a picture with them.
Friday, we did not get up and go to the holiday sales, but we did end up at Verizon and my family got new phones and a new plan. I got a swwet new phone with a touch screen! We went to Bountiful to visit with cousins from my Dad's side. It was nice to visit with them a little more.

Saturday, Landen and I stayed home for the most part. He seemed to be extra grumpy, I think it might have been the lack of new people to play with. Either that or he is teething, he has all the symptoms of teething... but I know he's too young, but not it does happen.

Sunday, Michael and I had to speak in church about Gratitude. Our neighbor watched Landen, I was afraid he would be grumpy with her, but she said he was really good. After church, we all enjoyed a nap and Michael went to work.

All in all, We have alot to be thankful for this holiday season and we're very lucky.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Landen was the biggest hit,huh? only when sammy was asleep! haha just kidding. and guess what? I read somewhere that anywhere from 3-12 months to start teething is fairly normal, though 6 months is most common. so he probably is. anyway i miss you guys already, christmas will be fun, even if michael is stuck babysitting cause he won't ski! bahahahaha

Emily said...

It sounds like you guys had an awesome thanksgiving! I love all the traditional food! But we had two thanksgiving dinners, I hope that doesn't mean I consumed 7000 calories! yikes!

EMILY

Anonymous said...

lately ive been thinking, "gee, i miss my sister and her fam" so i go to visit her blog to see whats up, and what do i see? a picture of my own self curled up into a cuddly lil ball taking a nap i dont even remember on a couch at my grandmas house, with half my butt hanging out of my pants and my arms between my legs! gotta love the magical after effects of grandmas lucious turkey and ham dinner. congrats to you angela, pretty sure that should of made photo of the week somewhere. All the girls know all about how cute landen is, i love showing them pics of him and samantha i am so lucky! love you guys so much and missing you! cant wait to see you here in a few weeks : ) love ya, MAT