Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catching Up

So, We moved. Thus the lack of posts and the updates on Landen. We finally got our internet hooked up at our new house too.  Qwest doesn't have service, nor does cable.  So, we're on satellite. Which wasn't the easiest to find.  It's not like we're that far out there, we are only about 4 blocks out of city limits.  But, that's the delay in all our posts.

So, I decided to catch up in 1 very long post about everything that's happened.

On Sept 9, Landen had a WIC check-up.  His stats were: 20 3/4 inches long and 8lbs and 1/2 an ounce.  If you remember (or you can check out the older posts) I took a picture of Landen in this cute football outfit my mom bought him.  It drowned him.  Well, here he is a month old in the same outfit.

So, The picture of him in this are a little funny, because he kept moving!  But you can see how much he's grown!  


We moved into out new house the 11-13th.  It was a little exhausting.  I actually didn't take any pictures of us moving.  I guess I was just so involved and stressed.  Grandma Hoggan helped us out so much and I could write a whole post just about everything she has done to help.  She loves to help with Landen.  

So, shortly after we moved in, I took a picture of Landen playing with one of toys.  He has become a lot more alert and loves to be played with.  He's not quite laughing and giggling, but he cries when you stop, so I know he likes them.  He waves his arms and kicks his legs.


So, once we got everything dumped into the new house, we've been unpacking and finishing projects.  These have included everything from unclogging the kitchen sink (we might have done that with all the paint we washed down) to installing lights, the bathroom door, the shower curtain (twice) and installing the stove vent/fan and getting the propane hooked up wrong, getting the hot water heater pilot light lit (yep, we had to have a heating contractor come out and light it)   We still have much to do, we need a stove still.  Have the vent, have the stove, just not the part to make it work for propane. We still need cupboard doors, one wall in the living room painted and screens and windows installed.  Don't worry, we have windows, just not the second pane.  

Landen is pretty content to watch mom work from his chair.  Michael's boss gave us a bouncy chair that her kids use to love.  Landen loves it.  He can see from it while he sits.  He doesn't seem to care much for the vibrating/bouncy part of it. 
He has a fly on his head... when we moved in we also adopted about 500 flies. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Michael brought home some of those fly stips they use at the farm, and we have 3 filled and 2 that are about half-full and still have flies.

We also got our TV hooked up and the satellite installed-- (Different satellite from the internet) -- just in time for a Packer's game. Look at those fans! Ok, so Landen's onsies is a lot big. It's about 2 sizes to big.

And here is Landen a little upset that the Packers lost to the Cowboys. Again, sorry about the lighting - we still don't have blinds / curtains to help shield out the light




Landen had one more very fun outing yesterday to the Tractor parade.  But he's upset, so I will save those for another post.  

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Hooray for you and your new house. I can only imagine how stressful that has been. But you are in now and that is good. I hope the rest of your projects and unpacking go quickly. It 's crazy you had to get satellite - just how far out in the country are you? You are such a cute farmer's wife. I love it. You're baby boy is getting big too. Wow. Love you guys, can't wait to see pics of your place when it is put together.