Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Montana Trip

So, we got home on Sunday-- unpacked and enjoyed some time home. Landen caught the flu on Tuesday, but was fine on Wednesday. We left on Thursday for Valier, MT for another job interview. Unfortunately, Michael caught Landen's flu bug on the way there. So I ended up driving most of the way. They put us up in a sweet bed-n-breakast called the Stone School Inn - which I highly recommend if you are in the area. It's sort of an initimate place, with only 5 rooms. She made us a great breakfast too. It's about an hour from Glacier NP. Landen loved the bear ottoman, but no matter how many times we told him it was bear, he called it a pig. Gotta love that.
We made it back to my parents on Friday. Saturday our plan was to got the temple and hang out with them. I caught the flu Saturday evening and we ended up staying until Monday morning. Really, what was just a 24 hour bug for the boys, was just awful for me. We ended up at the hospital Sunday because I got dehydrated and started having contraction fairly frequently. The more IVs they put in me the better I felt and the less contractions I had. After 3 IVs and about 4 hours we went home and I've just been trying to relax and stay hydrated! Michael has been great taking care of me and letting me sleep or sit around while he cleans up and unpacks and takes care of Landen. It sure is nice having him home to do that! I'm really doing fine, but you know how you feel after the flu bug -- it just takes a few days to get back to normal.
So, let's hope we get to stay home for more than 3 days. And let's hope we're done with having any flu bugs for at least a few more months!

No comments: