I'd like to tell you I'm not.
I know my child was only in diaper while I checked out. I know that it's cold outside too. I know his nose was running and he was crying. And it might have looked like I was a bad mom.
But you didn't take a second glance at us when we passed you in the aisle 15 minutes ago. 15 minutes ago, he was dressed with his nose wiped and he was happily playing with his car.
Then fate intervene, and my son had a massive blowout. You see, I didn't have a change of clothes and all of his clothes were presently beyond wiping off and wearing. I did you favor by removing them and the awful smelly diaper. They are in my only plastic bad stuffed in my diaper. Yes, that's what you smell coming from the woman's restroom. It's in your best interest I promise.
See, I ran out of wipes and had to use the rest of my tissues. Thus I can't wipe his nose, unless you want me to use my own shirt. Which I suppose I might as well because I have other bodily fluids stuck to it anyhow and it will need a wash. But in the best interest of not grossing you out, I'm going to let it run and act like it doesn't bother me.
And his car was a victim of an accident during the diaper change. As you can hear, he's still upset about it. He will get it back as soon as I take a bottle of bleach to it.
I really wasn't in the mood to take him home, put some clothes on him and then come back only to have to run around the store gathering my groceries again. So, I'm merely checking out and taking this whole disaster home with me.
I promise I'm a good mom.
Sincerely,
Angela
P.S. I'll gladly accept your apologies for thinking I'm a bad mom and realizing I was only acting in the public's best interest.
4 comments:
haha cute story!
-danelle
Oh my gosh! So sad!! I hear/see all of these grocery store horror stories with babies/ toddlers and I just cringe and wait for my turn... scary!!!!
I know how you feel, and it always happens when it is cold outside. Very cute way of putting it.
So funny...I love the way you wrote this. Trev and I laughed right out loud as I was reading it to him.
Post a Comment