Monday, April 20, 2009

Shopping

We went to Rexburg for a short trip this weekend. We met up with my parents in Idaho Falls and sent Dad and Michael home while Mom, Grandma and I went shopping. I was looking for an Easter dress (I know, a little late).

We stopped at Khols, and as always, they were having a good sale. Landen would not hear of being put in the cart or stroller, so I was just lugging him around and trying to shop for a dress. After I accumlated a few dresses, skirts and shirts I handed him off to my Grandma and went to try my selections on. All the time listening to Landen protest; he is very attached to his mom. Grandma took him and wandered around the store but he just wouldn't calm down for her. My mom and I could hear him across the store in the dressing room. He finally stopped and I didn't feel so bad for making her hold him. Grandma took him outside with everyone looking at her and giving her 'that smile'. She said she ekpt wondering if they thought she was trying to kidnap him the way he was crying.

I decided on a cute new dress. We took our stuff to the check out and my mom and I were looking around, when the clerk asked, "Is there something I can help you find?"
My mom answered, "No... well, we're just looking for her baby."
Clerk, "We he the one crying?"
My mom and I laughing, "Probably."
Clerk, "She took him outside."
Me, "Oh good. Hopefully he stopped for her."
Clerk and Mom just laugh.

And certainly enough, just outside the door was Grandma and a very grumpy, still crying Landen. Of course, as soon as she handed him to me he stopped.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds familiar, the crying for Mom thing. Hang in there!