Saturday, August 23, 2008

Roller Coasters

Saturay,  Landen turned 10 days old!  

It's been a little bit of an eventful week. There have been lots of ups and downs, it's like riding a roller coaster.  I guess that's what happens when a 5 lbs bundle of joy turns life upside down and becomes the center of our lives.   

Monday, my mom left.  It was little intimidating to actually be left completely alone with the litte guy.  We survived quite well though. Both me and Landen are doing well. 

Tuesday, Landen had his first official doctor's appointment.  He measured 5 lbs 10 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.  This was very exciting! It's so good to see him growing so fast and catching up to where he's suppose to be.  He won't be so small very much longer.  They also circumsized him durng his visit.  I had to go in the room with him.  For some reason, I just couldn't manage to leave him alone. Call it mother's protective instincts. I would have been better waiting in the other room.  The doctor had just gotten started and I just about passed out. The nurse was paying more attention to me for the next few minutes.  After I sat down, I felt a little better, but still couldn't seem to leave him there, even though it was making me sick.  I honestly, couldn't see anything, so it must have been those hormones.  It frazzled my nerves for the rest of the day. Every time Landen cried, I started to cry.  Thankfully, they only circumsize the little guy once. Michael came home a little early and skipped out on mutual to help me with Landen.  That seemed to calm my nerves down quite a bit. 

Wednesday was pretty uneventful.  Landen and I hung out and watched the Olympics.  Thursday I started to show signs of an infection, so Michael stayed home from work.  He took me to the doctor and played Dad all day.  It was nice to have him around and I think Landen really enjoyed the time bonding with his Dad. Though, I'd rather it didn't mean I had to be sick for it to happen.  It's amazing how fast antibiotics work!  Friday I was feeling a lot better.  My dad and Mat came up and helped Michael work on the trailor the rest of the weekend.  It is makins some vast improvements.  They are installing the carpet on Tuesday, so I will have some good "almost there" pictures to post.

Until, then I have some pictures of Landen.

 
 He's very quickly approaching 6 lbs. Probably is at least that now.  He's cheeks are starting to get a little chubby and his legs aren't looking like chicken legs.  His diapers even fit him now. It's amazing how quickly he grows!!

 




Here he is sleeping.  He puts his hands up behind his head almost every time he sleeps.  It's pretty cute.  Speaking of the sleeping and he wakes up.  We'll post more later. 

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Ang!!! I am just checking your blog for the first time. You have a baby! Wow. I cannot believe how much all of our lives have changed since high school. Your little guy is beautiful, and so sweet. I am so happy for you.