Monday, June 23, 2008

The Firsts

I was realizing over the past few weeks, we have been experiencing a lot of "firsts." We're having our first baby.  We bought our first baby stuff -- ok, we've bought a little more than just a bit.  We're enjoying our first summer with air conditioning.   

Michael is running his first piece of farm ground.  He contracted with the airport to cut and bail the grass around the run-ways. Logan's airport is only for private aircraft, so it's not really busy or anything.  Michael also purchased his first piece of tractor equipment.  He bought a swather to cut the grass.  He's renting the tractor, a brand new one.  He's also had his first tractor breakdown-- the hydraulic hoses are bad on it, thankfully we don't have to pay for that one.  This is their only delay yet, and it will be a few more days until the parts get in. 

It's not been easy, but I hope it's worth it. He cuts when he gets off for a few hours and the going is pretty slow. It's not farm ground, so there are obstacles and power boxes and ditches and all sorts of things.  Mat (my brother that is staying with us this summer) has been helping him when he gets off work and one of Michael's friends.  I think they get about 8-12 hours of cutting in everyday.  But he has like 370 acres to cut.  So, it's still a daugnting task.  I feel so helpless with it all, I wish I was more help.

Mat moved in about 2 weeks ago.  He's staying in a spare room this summer. He's working at the university on"LOAM" (aka landscaping, he does irrigation)  He seems to like his job.  There aren't enough cute girls in the ward to keep him busy, but he's found a few around time.  It's nice to have an extra hand around the house and someone to help Michael, since I'm having a hard time doing that.

The baby has been doing good.  I'm 32 weeks tomorrow! Only 8 more left! It feels like a lifetime.  We've had some 90 degree weather, so I have been borderline miserable. Thankful, we have air conditioning that works, and so does work.  I don't think I've been this sensitive to the heat. The baby is very active and moves plenty.  Fortunately, we haven't had any problems with contractions or anything.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey that is so great that you have a blog! congradulations on the baby?