Friday, May 9, 2008

Birthdays and So Much More

Recovery from Finals and Graduation is well underway with another week passing. But it was busy nonetheless.


Graduation was blast, as much as it can be. Luckily the college of HASS is the liberal arts college, and thus very relaxed. It was nice to march across the stage, take a few pictures and though as pompous and silly as graduation is, a nice ending to getting a degree. Grandma made us nice steaks and dutch oven potatoes. We actually had a nice 65 degree day so it was prefect for a BBQ.

I had my 6-month appointment on Tuesday. Can you believe I'm really that far along? Officially I'm 24 weeks, which is 2 weeks into my 6th month. The doctor didn't really believe Michael could feel the baby kicking when I told her, but when she listened to the heartbeat, and put that cold doppler thing on my belly he started his usual kicking and she was surprised how strong he was. His heartbeat sounds good and everything else checks out.

Wednesday was my birthday, Good Old 23! Michael took me out to dinner and I opened presents from my in-laws and him. He got me my favorite -- potted plants!! They never last very long, but I like to think I've got a green thumb. One of them is a very pretty tropical one, with red on it's leaves. The instructions say it is easy to grow, needs light and needs water. The other is a gerber daisy that is just starting top bloom!
The Busselberg's got me some very nice maternity clothes-- YES! And the dress was prefect! I was very excited for a nice dress. My parents gave Michael and I our fancy new camera for birthdays and graduation, and my brother bought me flowers and a movie. I guess I got pretty spoiled.

The rest of the week has been fine. Michael is busy working full time, and I'm working somewhere between part and full-time and trying not to over-do it. I like my afternoon naps, but don't seem to get very many in. Today, we're heading to Rexburg for Ty's mission farewell.

1 comment:

Marilynn said...

wow are we out of the loop. So sorry we were not aware of the exciting events in your life. Congratulations on graduating. You should be very proud of the hard work and determination.
Happy Birthday as well. It is fun to see you looking so cute and pregnant.
Please know we love and pray for you all even though we don't always keep in touch.
Hope we can see you soon.
Love to you both
Marilynn