Sunday, May 18, 2008

Alot Happens.

I've decided I really need to get better at posting stuff more frequently. Michael could help some too.

Mother's Day, we went to "the 'burg" to be with my family. And Tyrel gave his mission farewell talk. We took bets how long he would talk, I took the longest time of 6 minutes. We were all caught off guard when he spoke for 14 minutes and gave a very well prepared talk about the importance of mothers. I don't think this helped with the my mother's emotional state. He is very ready to go, which is exactly what he did on Wednesday. We all gathered at the MTC to see him off. It was a really nice "orientation" session. I think I threw him a curve ball when I start crying, but with all these hormones, it was very hard not to. My dad, of course, could have watered a plant with all his tears. I think it's more we're proud of him than we are sad about him leaving. Michael said this was his first orientation session, even though he served a mission, I guess he missed his.

After the MTC, we went and visited some families Michael got close to on his mission. It was enjoyable to hear some old stories. He went to Ikea with me because I was a good girl and played "cute pregnant wife" very well. We didn't end up with much time there, but it was fun to look around. We looked at the baby furniture, and beds and rugs and well, a little of everything. One day, I'm going to have a lot of fun decorating my house all cute.

We've been enjoying some good weather lately-- We're suppose to be in the 90s on Monday and Tuesday. Really. So, Michael's had some good sunburns and I got a little bit of one the other day. It's been nice to have the windows open and have it feel like spring, for real. Today we had stake conference in the tabernacle (it got pretty hot, an when you're pregnant, those benches seem to be exponentially more uncomfortable) and I think we're going to take a nice drive up the canyon and maybe go a short hike or two. Take a picnic. Enjoying nature seems like a very nice thing to do on a day like this. Staying in the house just seems such a waste!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Isn't it so weird to see your brother walk through "the door on the right" while you walk through "the door on the left"? Sounds like he is ready and he'll do great. Congrats on being done with school- Hello, summer! Enjoy the mountains for me, k? I miss them