Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to All the Moms! 

On this day, I few years back, I realized I had a choice; Mother's Day could be a good day or it could be a bad day.  I could enjoy being pampered a bit and let others express their gratitude or I could compare myself to all the idolizing talk about someone's mother and realize how badly I fail as a mother.   I decided, that I needed to enjoy Mother's day.   It's all in my attitude.

I can't expect my kids to suddenly put on their best behavior and be angels for me. I can expect to hear stories at church about others perfect mothers and be inspired to be better.  I can listen my husband gush about how great I am because he doesn't do it everyday.  I can love and treasure my kid's scribbled on cards.  I can laugh because Landen woke me up saying "Happy Birthday Mom!"  I won't do any dishes today, and I've hardly lifted a finger to cook. (Michael did have some verbal help.) 

I need to enjoy Mother's Day.  I need to teach my kids about the plan of salvation. Motherhood is divine role, and once a year I need to let them celebrate it.  I should do so daily, but what's wrong with making it extra special once a year?  I need them to know I like being their mother.  I need to show them how to appreciate and express gratitude to those they love by letting them show me.   I need to let them know that hard things bring us the greatest joy.

I love my kids.  They inspire me and make me happy.  I love being their mom- it's exhausting, but rewarding.  I know that motherhood is part of God's Plan of Happiness.  I love Mother's Day.

No comments: