4 days. That's how long HE has been gone.
And HE tells me, "I miss daddy" everytime he cries over ANYTHING. Especially over going to bed. He misses rough-housing and reading stories with Dad. It's hard to explain it in a way he understands. Dad is gone, but not forever, just a couple weeks. Landen does not know what a week is. But he does understand that Dad is working on a farm, with cows, barns and tractors. He does understand Dad drove his truck and then got on an airplane. He misses Dad's truck too.
Missing Dad aside, we've been doing well and having a pretty good time. Family and friends have been visiting and we're going to go to Papa and Grandma's and maybe Aunt Nicole's. Just think, we're 1/4 of the way threw this. I actually thought it would be harder.
I have a renew respect for spouses and families of those in the military. It's hard having Dad (or Mom) being away. It's good we can call and talk to him. Especially for Landen. We're lucky for have good friends, neighbors and family to take care of us here at home. Michael is lucky he's in Hawaii instead of some place like the North Pole.
3 comments:
So did he get the job or is this a trial thing?
Hey, maybe it would help your little one if you made a countdown chain with the number of days left and let him rip one of right before bed.
I think my kids do better hearing, you only have to go to sleep (overnight of course) 'X' amount of times before Dad gets home. (or Santa comes, or it's your bday. Take your pic!) Good luck!
I missed you today! Hopefully you're having fun somewhere! See you when you get back!
Post a Comment