The other morning, I was up and waiting for Landen to get up. He usually gets up at about 7:30 or 8. I try to go get him as I hear him tossing around and gabbering, but before he starts to squak and cry. On this particular morning, I was enjoying the quiet and reading in the living room. It soons starts to get to 8:30 and then 9. I decided to check on him. I quietly slipped the door open, and quieter than a little mouse, Landen was just laying there, wide awake, stuck. He would occasionally bob his leg up, and then his arm. The funny thing was, he just layed there looking at me. I honestly started laughing at him, and he just continued to lay there, staring at me. I went and got the camera and was took a few pictures of him.
Now, just to clarify -- The Consumer Product Safety Comission recommend that the slates on a crib be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart so that a baby's body cannot get stuck between the slates. Our crib's slates are exactly 2 3/8 inches apart.
I have considered buying bumpers for him, but I think he would just pull them off. He is very good with his hands and pulling things. He loves to pull the towels off their racks. Besides, there is always the debate whether they are safe or not. So, we have elected not to put them in his bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment