Saturday, July 19, 2008

Michael & His Projects

I'm never really up for anything these days. I just eat, sleep and work. Sometimes I might even get daring and clean the house or cook. But Michael on the other hand, is very into many projects and activities.





You've all heard about our swather we bought.  Here it is.  It's up for sale officially right now.  I don't know if this means we are actually selling it or not.  We bought the swather to cut the grass/hay at the airport.



It's it all pretty in bails? More bails = more money for us.
A long time ago we bought a sweet truck that helps with hauling the hay off the airport.



Funny story about the tractor loading the hay.  This tractor is owned by Michael's friend Gary, who is an older farmer.  The gear for the hydraulics on the loader is held in place by a string that is tied to something behind it to keep it back.  Well, imagine it's 11 o'clock at night and all the sudden the hydraulics won't budge on the loader. And we've just loaded the trailer with a third bail on the top and it won't move.  Ben and Michael were so mad.  They could not figure out why they just stopped.  They were trying to check hoses and all sorts of other things and could not figure it out.  I was just praying that Gary wouldn't be mad and make Michael fix it.  I was really hoping it would start to work because there was only a few more bails left.  Somehow, Ben started playing the gears and realized the string fell off.  We were all very glad when the hydraulics began to work again.

This picture is also misleading because it looks like we hauled hay during the day. It's not entirely true. They started at about 7 and we got home around 2am. During the moving of the first load, Michael's truck experienced some problems, and I need to be there for morale support? Not entirely sure. See, biodiesel runs cleaner than regular fuel and thus his fuel filter needs to be changed after running with it. We knew this, and had actually purchased a fuel filter almost a month previously. While hauling a load of hay, his truck died because his filter was clogged. It was very hot that evening and climbing into his engine didn't help much. Thankful, we had the parts to fix it, and the tools with him. I thought he looked funny in his engine, so I took a picture. I was the only one entertained by this. I don't think he knew what I was doing or else I might not still have a camera.

No comments: