Poor girl. She likes to suck her 2 right fingers. She often sucks them raw. I noticed yesterday she sucked them too much!!
I can't figure out what to do! She mostly sucks them at night and nap and then when she needs soothing for a few moments throughout the day. I can stop her while she's awake, it's the sleeping thing that messes us up.
I've tried wrapping them up. She just sucks it anyway! Or pulls it off. I tried vinegar but that only stopped her for a minute. Ah.. I don't know what to do!!


4 comments:
Ouch!! I didn't realize she was sucking to the point of pain!!! Try Mavala Stop. It's what we used for Sam and it lasts for days, and its disgusting. Seriously, just put a tiny bit on, it's horrendous tasting, and if you washed her hands every couple hours it might be faded enough for her to suck again after 24 hours. Hope that helps! Wish I'd known sooner, I'd have given you mine!
Wow I have never seen that before! Hope it gets better soon.
I sucked my fingers until I was eight. My sister used to call me 'volcano fingers' because there were indentures from my teeth that looked like mini volcanos. Once, when I sucked them to the point of bleeding, she yelled, "The volcanoes erupted!"
Brooklyn sucks her two left fingers, but she's never had that kind of sore. She kind of bites hers at the same time, so she has inprints on her fingers and I feel so bad about it, but can't really stop her. Hope you figured it out.
Post a Comment