Sunday, August 14, 2011

"It's a Wonderful Day!"

Can you believe our little guy is 3?   He had a great birthday Saturday.

 We woke up and had Birthday Pancakes.  He loved it.  He was so excited about the candles, we did them more than once throughout the day.... but when you're 3 it never gets old!

We took Landen in to do one of his favorite things, wash Dad's trucks.  He loves taking it to the  'wash down.'

Then we floated the river with Grandma & Grandpa Williams, Uncle Mat and Uncle Justin.  We had a great time.  Landen got in the tube with me half-way through and we were relaxing and he says to me,  "It's a wonderful day."  It made me smile.  This was even before he opened presents, so it must have been pretty great. We found a frog, which Landen was a little scared of, but liked to watch.




Then we went home and had Landen's birthday dinner --  homemade chicken nuggets (for the adults, he loves the cheap ones.)  with sweet potato french fries and corn on the cob. 

Then we had cake -- Mater cupcakes!



And then we opened presents.  This one is for the Indiana Busselberg's. They sent him the presents, and it's a little long, I'm not really sure why my camera split it into 2 videos.




He loved the Lightening McQueen Slipper.  (My kids loves Cars, and cars- in general.)


But not as happy about the clothes. Haha. He didn't care much for the ones I got him either.





Then, Grandma & Grandpa Williams and Michael and I got Landen a new red wagon!  He loved it so much.  He had the best time using his new tools to help Michael and Mat put it together.  It was really cute and funny to watch.   He loves to help Michael fix anything, so it was perfect!

It really was a wonderful day.  We had lots of fun and loved celebrating a birthday day with Landen.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Landen! I can't believe how much he's grown up - you guys are so great to do things that he enjoyed that day - I think a lot of parents forget to keep it fun for the child. I love the cupcakes by the way - super awesome!